Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 mins
A tasty, not too spicy chili.
- 2 lbs coarsely lean ground beef (I use stew beef)
- 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped onions (I prefer the white onion)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup ground new mexico chile powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) canstewed plum tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can salsa, verde
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers (chopped0)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bottleof your favorite beer
- In a dutch oven brown beef in oil (I use 2 tsp bacon grease).
- When beef is almost brown add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add your vegetables and cook till tender.
- Add tomato sauce and your spices.
- Mix together well.
- Add your stewed tomatoes, salsa verde and jalapeño peppers.
- Add the beans or cook separately and add later.
- Finally pour the beer over the mix and cover.
- Simmer for about 2 hours at a low heat.
- Great with cornbread.
This is really nice chili. It is easy to adjust the heat level if needed. Made for PAC Spring 2013.