1/1 Photo of A Beef Chili
Flexi Cherkov's Note:
A tasty, not too spicy chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs coarsely lean ground beef (I use stew beef)
- 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped onions (I prefer the white onion)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ground new mexico chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed plum tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can salsa, verde
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno peppers (chopped0)
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of your favorite beer
- 1In a dutch oven brown beef in oil (I use 2 tsp bacon grease).
- 2When beef is almost brown add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add your vegetables and cook till tender.
- 4Add tomato sauce and your spices.
- 5Mix together well.
- 6Add your stewed tomatoes, salsa verde and jalapeño peppers.
- 7Add the beans or cook separately and add later.
- 8Finally pour the beer over the mix and cover.
- 9Simmer for about 2 hours at a low heat.
- 10Great with cornbread.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A Beef Chili
Serving Size: 1 (618 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 916.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 46.9 g