Recipe by Grannydragon
This is a beautiful salad indeed, with a scrumptious taste. A perfect blend of many flavors.
Top Review by Luby Luby Luby
I hate to use such an "over-used" term, but this salad really is "to die for". I do make a few changes, but it's basically the same. I use Romaine lettuce, omit the onions, use honey roasted pecans or honey roasted cashews and sub blue cheese for the feta. If you sub blue cheese I would recommend that since it's such a strong cheese that you reduce the cheese to one-half cup. I buy a balsamic vinaigrette from O'Charley's restaurant (where I first had this wonderful salad), but I'm sure any balsamic vinaigrette would be fine. It really is an "explosion" of different tastes and has become our new favorite salad.
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups dried cherries
- 1 cup honey roasted sliced almonds or 1 cup salted roasted cashews
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette or 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette dressing