Recipe by Chef Patience
This recipe looks yummy. To make a soup, try adding eggs(while stirring), dumplings, chicken, noodles...the possibilities are endless! Adapted from The BowlFood Cookbook.
- 3 lbs button mushrooms
- 1 lb carrot
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 medium onions
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup curry powder
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups white wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, chop all vegetables into small pieces.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot.
- Add curry powder, stir to combine.
- Add chopped veggies to stock pot, stirring to coat.
- Cook for 30 min, stirring often to prevent burning or sticking.
- Add chicken stock and wine, bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered for 45 minute.
- Strain the broth through a sieve set over a large heatproof bowl.
- Squeeze the veggies (Carefully! Do not get burned!) to get all of the yummy juices.
- Discard the veggies.
- The broth may be refrigerated for up to a week, or frozen for up to a month.