Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Yahoo Groups. Great Recipe.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup bran flakes
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- Mix baking soda and water. Set aside to cool.
- Cream oil and sugar.
- Add egg whites and mix well.
- Combine bran cereals and flours.
- Add to creamed mixture and stir in buttermilk.
- Add water and baking soda and mix.
- Store the batter in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees and spoon batter into lightly oiled or paper lined muffin tins, filling cups about 2/3 full.
- Return any unused batter to refrigerator.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes.