Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Chef Vitaly Paley/Paley's Place in Portland, Oregon.
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1 lb dungeness crabmeat
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons dill, chopped fresh
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 croissants
- 8 leaves lettuce (Romaine would work well)
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced into wedges
- Cook bacon until crispy. Mix together crab meat with sliced apple, Tabasco, chopped onion, lime juice, parsley and dill. Add half of the mayonnaise to the mixture and incorporate well. Cut the croissants in half, spread mayo over the croissants. Place a generous amount of the crab mixture onto one half of each croissant, dividing evenly over eight croissants. Top with avocado and lettuce leaf, fold the top portion of the bread over and enjoy.
This was soooo good. I used Green Zebra tomatoes from the garden and local dungeness crab. My only question was figuring out the best way to slice the apples? I tried a few things and ended up just chopping them to a small rectangular dice. I recommend making sure the bacon is a bit crispy versus chewy. The flavors of the apple and crab with the bacon were amazing. Thanks for posting, it was a fabulous sandwich.