Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The ABC's stand for the asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower that make up this vegetable casserole. This recipe came from a church cookbook that belonged to my grandmother It is a great way to get your veggies!
- 236.59 ml fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml fresh broccoli, heads chopped
- 236.59 ml fresh cauliflower head, chopped
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of broccoli)
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml French-fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower in a pot of water and cook at medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Combine mushroom soup and cheese in a separate pot and heat until cheese melts.
- Drain the cooked vegetables and put in a casserole dish.
- Pour soup and cheese mixture over the vegetables.
- Cover with onion rings and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Made this for a large group camping trip - doubled the recipe. Everyone really liked it and the kids too! Thanks. I will be makingit again.
This is a great alternative to the ever popular "Green Bean Cassarole" I did not use the asparagus (cost), but added a little more of each of the other 2. I am keeping this handy for company. Thanks!!!
I over-bought on veggies this week and needed to use them up. I didn't have any asparagus, so I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and some zuccini. Turned out great! Like veggie-comfort food. Oh, I also discovered that my huge stock of cream of mushroom soup was down to zero...so I used cream of celery soup and it worked out fine.