Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy - quick - sweet but not too sweet - tangy but not too tangy - A little different from most Cranberry Relishes - kids love it - Can't remember where it came from anymore ... been making it for years !
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 medium apples, peeled & chopped (chunky)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can apple juice concentrate
- Mix all ingredients in saucepan and bring to boil over med. heat stirring constantly.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minute stirring occasionally.
- Cool and enjoy!
Very good and very simple. I picked up the fresh cranberries over the weekend and saw this recipe in the Holiday tag. YUM! I love that this is all fruit so it is good for you, but it tastes good! DH thought it was almost like a dip candy as he kept dipping. LOL I will have this out for Christmas holidays.
Too tart for my taste buds; however, I added some white sugar (maybe 1/4 cup?) and it made a big difference. Very easy and fun to make. Has a nice "cooking" aroma. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Way too tart. I made 4 batches for my holiday parties, and threw all of them out after one bite that I couldn't bring my self to swallow.