1/5 Photos of A 14-Carat Carrot Cake
No, there aren't 14 carrots in it--only two, but this carrot cake with pineapple and pecans and a cream cheese frosting--worth every cent! It is from a Junior League Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 2 cups grated raw carrots
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- 3In mixing bowl, beat eggs and add sugar.
- 4Let stand until sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in oil, carrots, drained pineapple and nuts.
- 6Stir in dry ingredients and beat until well blended--3 minutes or so with blender.
- 7Turn into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans or one 13-x9-inch pan.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 9Cool in pans about 10 minutes, then turn onto wire racks to cool completely before frosting.
- 10Frosting: Combine butter, cream cheese and vanilla in large bowl and beat until well blended.
- 11Add powdered sugar gradually, beating vigorously.
- 12If frosting is too thick, thin with a few drops of milk to spreading consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A 14-Carat Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.6
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.1 mg
- Sodium 618.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 75.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g