1/1 Photo of A-1 Upside Down Cake #A1
Chef #1803048932's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Upside down cake with walnuts, pineapple and cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts (halves or pieces)
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1/2 cup margarine (melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple (cut in small chunks)
- 1/2 cup cherries (cut in small chunks)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1Place walnuts and A-1 sauce in skillet. Cook and toss over medium heat until nuts absorb sauce. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Grease a 13 X 9 glass dish.
- 4Add 3/4 brown sugar, 3 tablespoons melted margarine, pineapple, cherries and cooled walnuts to 13 X 9 dish.
- 5In medium bowl, Add 1/3 cup melted margarine and 2/3 cup sugar. Stir until combined. Add 2 eggs, 2/3 cup water, 1 teaspoon vanilla to sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
- 6Add 1 1/2 cup flour and 3 teaspoons baking powder to sugar mixture. Beat until well blended.
- 7Pour batter over nuts and fruit in the 13 X 9 glass pan.
- 8Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 9Turn cake onto platter.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A-1 Upside Down Cake #A1
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.2
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 294.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 42.1 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce