Recipe by ladybug406
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Upside down cake with walnuts, pineapple and cherries.
- 1 1⁄4 cups walnuts (halves or pieces)
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (melted)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh pineapple (cut in small chunks)
- 1⁄2 cup cherries (cut in small chunks)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place walnuts and A-1 sauce in skillet. Cook and toss over medium heat until nuts absorb sauce. Remove from heat and cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 X 9 glass dish.
- Add 3/4 brown sugar, 3 tablespoons melted margarine, pineapple, cherries and cooled walnuts to 13 X 9 dish.
- In medium bowl, Add 1/3 cup melted margarine and 2/3 cup sugar. Stir until combined. Add 2 eggs, 2/3 cup water, 1 teaspoon vanilla to sugar mixture and beat until well combined.
- Add 1 1/2 cup flour and 3 teaspoons baking powder to sugar mixture. Beat until well blended.
- Pour batter over nuts and fruit in the 13 X 9 glass pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Turn cake onto platter.