Recipe by myfarequeen
A twist on the original meatball. This one is sure to please your family, with a surprise inside!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed cooking spinach, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup prepared polenta, divided into twelve balls
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 12 bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients up to mozzarella balls. Divide into 12 equal meatballs.
- Flatten meatballs out and take Bocconcini mozzarella ball and polenta, wrap the turkey mixture around each one and seal tightly.
- In a large oven proof sauté pan, place olive oil and heat on medium-high.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place meatballs in sauté pan and brown on some side turning occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Place pan into preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine a-1 sauce and sour cream.
- When meatballs are done, place on serving platter and drizzle with creamy steakhouse sauce.
- Garnish with parsley.