Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr 28 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry: Quick Dinner Pasta Entree
Make and share this A.1. Stuffed Shells With Chicken #A1 recipe from Food.com.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken thighs, grilled and chopped
- 10 tomatoes, 8 roasted and pureed, 2 raw chopped (roma)
- 4 ounces A.1. Original Sauce, divided (1/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 16 jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente following package directions
- 8 ounces goat cheese, rind removed (brie style)
- Grill the chicken thighs about 20 minutes.
- Chop the grilled chicken into small cubes or shred, combine with 1/4 cup A.1. sauce in a bowl.
- Halve 8 tomatoes, place in a shallow baking pan and roast in an oven uncovered 20 minutes at 350 degrees, while finely chopping the uncooked tomatoes.
- Add chopped raw tomatoes to A.1. chicken mixture.
- Turn the roasted tomatoes into thick sauce using a food mill to remove skin and seed, then combine it with remaining A.1. sauce in another bowl.
- Cook the jumbo shells about 8 minutes in boiling water and drain.
- Grate the goat cheese and combine with A.1. chicken mixture.
- Spoon the three ingredient mixture into the cooked shells, placing side by side in a shallow baking pan.
- Spoon A.1. tomato sauce mixture evenly over each shell.
- Lightly cover baking pan with foil and place in preheated 325 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.