1/1 Photo of A-1 Steak Puffs With Corn and Avocado Salsa #A1
Chef #1803066228's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs boneless 1/4-inch thick steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (2 count) box puff pastry sheets, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 6 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1Boil corn in water for 15 minutes. Let cool. Cut corn off cob and combine with avocados and lime juice. Add 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 2Refrigerate with plastic wrap pressed down against surface of salsa – blocking the air from the salsa. Cool for at least one hour before serving.
- 3Heat frying pan to high heat. Salt the steak with 1/2 teaspoon of salt per side. Brush with 1/2 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Sear steak till browned, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a plate till completely cooled.
- 4Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over med-high heat. Add onions and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Saute until browned, stirring occasionally – about 15 minutes. Add beef stock and A-1 steak sauce. Reduce till moisture has gone – about 15 minutes. Remove to a bowl and cool completely.
- 5Dice cooled steak into 1/4” pieces. Combine with onion mixture and cheese in a mixing bowl.
- 6Preheat oven to 400.
- 7Lay out puff pastry on lightly floured surface. Cut each in half, making 4 rectangles. Place 3 heaping tablespoons of steak mixture on one half of each rectangle, leaving an edge around the filling. Fold over empty half onto filling, crimping the edges and rolling the crust over onto the top. Brush with beaten egg. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A-1 Steak Puffs With Corn and Avocado Salsa #A1
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.9
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 243.4 mg
- Sodium 3235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 75.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
puff pastry sheets
A.1. Original Sauce