A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A sweet and spicy bbq twist on a quesadilla
Make and share this A-1 Spicy Chick-A-Lickin Quesadilla #A1 recipe from Food.com.
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon buffalo seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄8 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 orange bell pepper (JULIENNED)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (SLICED)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup tomato (DICED)
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (SHREDDED)
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake chicken for 40 minutes.
- in a sauce pan combine cumin, buffalo seasoning powder, brown sugar, honey, ketchup, a-1 steak sauce, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, prepared mustard, red pepper powder, tabasco sauce, franks red hot sauce and cook on medium heat until well incorporated. set aside.
- in a skillet add 1/8 cup oil, orange pepper, onion, and 1 tbsp sugar over medium heat and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes until caramelized and set aside.
- remove chicken from the oven and remove the skin. shred the chicken and combine int the sauce and mix until well combined.
- take one flour tortilla and place on a baking sheet sprinkle 2 oz of shredded cheese, pour shredded chicken evenly over cheese, spread pepper and onion mixture next, sprinkle the diced tomatoes then the remaining 2 oz of shredded cheese and top with the 2nd flour tortilla and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. remove and cut into 8 slices and serve.