1/3 Photos of A-1 Pot Roast Chuck Steak
2 hrs 15 mins
A great recipe for a chuck underblade steak that is usually inexpensive, but too often turns out tough. This one melts in your mouth and my family asks for it often. Good over mashed or small boiled potatoes, or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 12-inch Dutch oven, over medium-high heat in hot oil, cook chuck steak until well browned on both sides.
- 2Meanwhile, in a cup, combine steak sauce, water, brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice until blended. Pour mixture over steak; heat to boiling.
- 3Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer steak for 2 to 2 1/2 hours (or even a little more depending on the thickness of the steak), or until fork-tender, turning steak once.
- 4This also comes out really tender with a "falling apart" texture if you cook it on low heat in a crockpot for 6-7 hours.
- 5To serve, remove steak to a warm platter; garnish with parsley, if desired. With a spoon, skim fat from liquid and discard.
- 6Pour sauce over steak or serve separately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A-1 Pot Roast Chuck Steak
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.4
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: