A great recipe for a chuck underblade steak that is usually inexpensive, but too often turns out tough. This one melts in your mouth and my family asks for it often. Good over mashed or small boiled potatoes, or rice.
- In 12-inch Dutch oven, over medium-high heat in hot oil, cook chuck steak until well browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in a cup, combine steak sauce, water, brown sugar, mustard and lemon juice until blended. Pour mixture over steak; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer steak for 2 to 2 1/2 hours (or even a little more depending on the thickness of the steak), or until fork-tender, turning steak once.
- This also comes out really tender with a "falling apart" texture if you cook it on low heat in a crockpot for 6-7 hours.
- To serve, remove steak to a warm platter; garnish with parsley, if desired. With a spoon, skim fat from liquid and discard.
- Pour sauce over steak or serve separately.