Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made these up as grandsons love A-1 sauce. They are very tender and taste like a steak meatball. www.recipezaar.com
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter (to fry in)
- 1⁄2 cup flour (to roll meatballs in)
- A.1. Original Sauce (thick and hearty)
- Mix the sirloin, eggs, bread-soaked in the half and half, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and onion.
- Mix very well together.
- Form the meatballs into ping-pong ball size and roll in the flour.
- Get 2 large frying pans hot; add the butter.
- When pan is hot, fry the meatballs until browned on all sides.
- Brown them really good then they will not fall apart.
- Turn the heat down when they are browned and simmer.
- Add the whole bottle of A-1 sauce and 1/2 cup catsup. Let simmer for 15 minutes more.
Yummy! I made this exactly as posted and it was so good. After they simmer the onions are just about done and not raw, and soooo delicious. I had a lot of rice left over from last night and didn't want to throw it away, so we used that with a couple of veggies. I will make these again and do the mashed potato thing. Now that I have tasted them once, I really would like mashed potato. It made 27 big meatballs and I have enough to freeze and make this a OAMC meal. I like that as I get lazier the older I get. There is just my husband and I now so I have a lot to freeze into meals. The meatballs were so tasty and good. I ate one while they were simmering because the house smelled so good. Thanks for the recipe, Rose. It is a keeper.