Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A-1 could be used in so many many dishes, you just need to be creative. these are a twist of a savory and sweet dessert that is well deserved and truly satisfying. dive in and enjoy this light and flaky guilty pleasure.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) box phyllo dough or 1 sheet phyllo dough
- 5 ounces cooking spray (JUST TO LIGHTLY COAT BAKING SHEET)
- 1⁄8 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate
- 12 ounces pitted dark cherries (FROZEN)
- 1 cup prepared vanilla pudding
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 6 1⁄2 ounces whipped cream (AS NEEDED)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. unfold your phyllo sheet and cut into 3 strips along the creases where the dough was folded. then cut each strip into 4 equal parts and place on a lighly sprayed baking sheet. bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- meanwhile in a sauce pan add a-1 sauce, vanilla extract, brown sugar, cayenne pepper and chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and well incorporated ( approximately 5 minutes). add the cherries and heat until barely warmed through ( approximately 5 minutes) then set aside.
- remove your phyllo from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. now it is time to assemble. take 3 squares of the phyllo dough and place one on a plate spread 1/8 cup of vanilla pudding, then take 2 tbsp of cherries through a slotted spoon and place on top of pudding, sprinkle with a 1/2 tbsp shredded coconut. place another phyllo square on top of that and repeat the same steps from the first layer. top with the last phyllo square, repeat theses steps until you have all 4 servings prepared. at this point take your whipped cream and in a circular motion decorate until you come to a peak, drizzle all 4 servings with the chocolate sauce reserved from the cherries on top of the whipped cream and serve.