1/1 Photo of A-1 Beef Wellington Pockets #A1
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Steak marinated in a delicious A-1/mustard blend with caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms and goat cheese in a light and flaky puff pastry pocket. These pastries are packed with flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the A-1 and mustard and marinade the steak in it for 30 minutes. Grill steak or heat skillet and sear the steak to desired doneness. Set aside to rest.
- 2Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until the mushrooms are tender and all the liquid is evaporated, stirring often.
- 3Put a pastry square on the work surface. Spoon the mushroom mixture a little off center of the pastry square. Slice the steak and place slices on top of the mushroom mixture. Top with a slice of goat cheese.
- 4Mix egg and water in a bowl and brush the egg wash on edges of pastry before folding for a better seal. Fold the pastry over the filling and press all edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with remaining egg wash.
- 5Heat oven to 350 and bake until golden brown on both sides, approx 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A-1 Beef Wellington Pockets #A1
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.8 mg
- Sodium 105.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce