Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Steak marinated in a delicious A-1/mustard blend with caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms and goat cheese in a light and flaky puff pastry pocket. These pastries are packed with flavor.
- Mix the A-1 and mustard and marinade the steak in it for 30 minutes. Grill steak or heat skillet and sear the steak to desired doneness. Set aside to rest.
- Heat the butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add the mushrooms and onions and cook until the mushrooms are tender and all the liquid is evaporated, stirring often.
- Put a pastry square on the work surface. Spoon the mushroom mixture a little off center of the pastry square. Slice the steak and place slices on top of the mushroom mixture. Top with a slice of goat cheese.
- Mix egg and water in a bowl and brush the egg wash on edges of pastry before folding for a better seal. Fold the pastry over the filling and press all edges with a fork to seal. Brush tops with remaining egg wash.
- Heat oven to 350 and bake until golden brown on both sides, approx 10 minutes. Serve.