Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. A quick n' easy sweet n' spicy spread like jam that you can add to or top off almost anything...if you like bacon you'll love Bacon Jam n' spread!
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 small chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coffee
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Fry bacon in skillet, remove when done and set aside.
- Leave 3 tablespoons bacon grease in skillet discard rest.
- On medium heat add chopped onion and chopped garlic cloves to skillet.
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add crumbled bacon and all other ingredients.
- Cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat until thickened, stir occasionally.