A la Carte's Note:
This is from Dr. Weil. It makes a nice change from a heavy creamy broccoli soup, and for 99 calories per serving, you can easily have 2 bowls! Takes just a few minutes to make too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, bring the vegetable broth to a boil.
- 2Add the chopped broccoli, garlic and ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Steam for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Remove from the heat.
- 3After the broccoli has cooled slightly, puree it in a food processor or blender, or use a hand immersion blender. Return it to the sauce pan.
- 4Add the soy milk or skim milk and soy sauce. Warm over low heat.
- 5Serve sprinkled with chopped red onion.
- 6For Vegetarian/Vegan use Vegetable broth.
- 7For Vegan use soy milk.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 99 Calorie Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: