Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
You don't have the normal ingredients or any pudding mix around? Wonderful creamy pudding almost instant also makes a wonderful mousse with a little whipped cream folded in.
- 4 (20 g) envelopesinstant hot cocoa
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 tablespoon powdered sugar (to garnish)
- Sift 1/2 of the instant cocoa together with cornstarch and make slurry in 1 cup of cold milk.
- Heat 1/2 of the milk on med low heat to a near boil string often to avoid scorching wile slowly adding remaining 2 envelopes of cocoa.
- Slowly stir in slurry, Stirring Continually until well mixed and thickened to desired consistency.
- Spoon into small glasses and chill for 40 minutes.
- Garnish with powdered sugar if desired and serve.