1 hr 15 mins
Just like you get at the fair or the mall. We used to make these every Christmas. Sooo good right out of the oven. Definitely use the kosher salt to top. I never remember how many this actually makes. If you shape into big pretzels, it's probably about 10. Prep time includes 40 min rise time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast.
- 2Heat 1 cup water and margarine to 120-130 degrees.
- 3Gradually add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
- 4Add 1/2 cup flour, beat at high speed 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- 6On floured board, knead 5 minutes.
- 7Set in greased bowl, turn to grease top, cover and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9Divide dough into equal pieces.
- 10Roll into ropes, shape into pretzels.
- 11Place on greased baking sheets, cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- 12Mix egg yolk and 1 tablespoon of water, brush on pretzels.
- 13Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- 14Bake 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 90 Minute Soft Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 945.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g