Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These might not have the same delicate flavor of slow-cooked ribs but they are delicious and will be on your table in about 90 minutes or less, and to save even more time boil the ribs a day or evening in advance cover and refrigerate until ready to grill, which will make this a perfect weekday meal, use as many ribs as you wish the amounts are only a guideline. These ribs may also be cooked in the oven, see note on bottom. Prep time includes boiling the ribs and cooling. This recipe is for pork side ribs only, do not use baby back ribs.
Top Review by Linda's Busy Kitchen
I have made these many times with Country Style Ribs... They are really tasty. I have done both on the grill and in the oven... I REALLY like them on the grill, but in the oven are good too!
- 3 lbs pork side ribs
- 1 tablespoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (can use more or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- barbecue sauce (use your own favorite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ribs in a large pot and cover with water (you may slice the slab in half if desired or leave in one piece).
- Add in seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder; bring to a boil and simmer for about 20-25 minutes or until the meat is tender but not falling off the bone; drain, then place the ribs on a large plate.
- Cover ribs loosely with foil and allow to cool for about 30 minutes or more.
- At this point you may refrigerate for up to 24 hours or until ready to cook (if desired you may brush ribs with BBQ sauce on both sides before refrigerating to increase the flavor).
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place the ribs on the grill and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until desired doneness, turning several times and brushing with barbecue sauce.
- *NOTE* for oven baking; heat oven to 400°F.
- Place the boiled ribs on a broiler rack on a baking sheet that has been lined with foil for easy clean-up.
- Brush both sides of the ribs with barbecue sauce.
- Bake until browned turning once (cooking time should be about 17-20 minutes or until desired doneness) you may brush with more sauce while baking if desired.