1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I found this on a package of Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast in answer to a request from the boards. Looks great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 3/4-5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes fast rising yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Peanut butter filling
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 C flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- 2Heat milk, water and peanut butter until warm- about 120-130°F.
- 3Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- 4Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed by electric mixer.
- 5Add egg and 1/2 C flour, beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- 6Stir in enough remaining flour, by hand to make a soft dough.
- 7Knead on light floured surface until smooth and elastic- about 8- 10 minutes.
- 8Combine peanut butter filling ingredients until smooth.
- 9Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 10Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- 11Roll each half to 14 x 8 inch rectangle.
- 12Spread with filling.
- 13Roll up tightly from long side, pinching the seam to seal.
- 14Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- 15Place cut side up in each of 2 greased 9 inch round cake pans.
- 16Cover and let rise in warm draft-free place until double in size- about 45 minutes.
- 17Bake at 375°F for 20- 25 minutes or until done.
- 18Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- 19Melt chocolate glaze ingredients together, stirring until smooth.
- 20Drizzle over rolls.
- 21Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 90 Minute Peanut Butter Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.7
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 340.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 11.3 g