Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on a package of Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast in answer to a request from the boards. Looks great.
- 4 3⁄4-5 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes fast rising yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
Peanut butter filling
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 C flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat milk, water and peanut butter until warm- about 120-130°F.
- Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed by electric mixer.
- Add egg and 1/2 C flour, beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in enough remaining flour, by hand to make a soft dough.
- Knead on light floured surface until smooth and elastic- about 8- 10 minutes.
- Combine peanut butter filling ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll each half to 14 x 8 inch rectangle.
- Spread with filling.
- Roll up tightly from long side, pinching the seam to seal.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Place cut side up in each of 2 greased 9 inch round cake pans.
- Cover and let rise in warm draft-free place until double in size- about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 20- 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate glaze ingredients together, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over rolls.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
This was my first time to use yeast to make anything. So glad they turned out ok...next time I will double the recipe for the filling as I would like every bite to be rich and peanut buttery (is that a word?) If you like peanut butter, you should try these. Kinda reminded me of Reese's.