Recipe by strew
A healthy bread with lots of grains. One mini loaf is plenty for 2 people, which is why I make mini loaves. The rest can be frozen for another time.
Top Review by Heaven's Kitchen
Nice bread. I didn't make small loaves. Just put it all in the bread machine and let it bake on Basic Cycle, then sliced it up for sandwiches. Only change I made was to add a teaspoon of vital gluten. Smelled great while cooking!
- 1 1⁄3 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup seven-grain cereal
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the flax and sunflower seeds to a measuring cup. Fill the cup to the 3/4 mark with the seven grain cereal.
- Add ingredients to bread machine in the order listed.
- After dough has mixed and risen, remove and form into 5 mini loaves.
- Let rise for about 1 hour.
- Bake for 22 minutes at 350 degrees on Convection setting.
- For a regular oven add about 1/3 more time.