Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is from the New Orleans School of Cooking, So good!
- 1 large ham bone
- 1 small onion, Chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) can chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups milk
- 16 ounces beans (red, black, pinto, blackeye, great northern lentil, baby lima, large lima, and split pea)
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- Bring water to boil.
- Add ham bone and bean mix.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer covered for 2-1/2 hours.
- Take out ham, remove bone, chop, and add back into soup.
- Add onion and tomatoes, with juice.
- Simmer covered 1 hour.
- add 3 cups milk.
- heat through and serve.