Recipe by iPlayFlonkerton
Each brownie has 88 calories, hence the name. (Or at least they're supposed to... according to the calculated nutrition information here, each one is 108 calories... hmmm....) Special thanks to actress Jenna Fischer (Pam on The Office) for the recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray an 8x8 inch non-stick cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a sturdy whisk or spatula, mix the applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and sugar until they are well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir the until just combined and no lumps remain.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chips chips evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry (a few crumbs are okay).
- Transfer the pan to a cooling rack and allow them to cool 5 minutes. Cut into 12 equal brownies.