Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful vegetable dish for everyday or company. Great to serve with rice.
- 1 large sliced onion
- 1 large sliced carrot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 thickly sliced celery
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (19 ounce) canundrained Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can romano beans or 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Saute onion, carrot, garlic in vegetable for 5 minutes.
- Stir in celery and mushrooms and saute til soft.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, hot sauce and beans.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer, stirring often, about 20 minutes.
- Add corn and when hot again stir in parsley and serve.
Boy is this ever great!!!!!! Fabulous blend and great texture!! I used fresh shiitakes and black beans. Love the al dente to the celery, it was not crisp but not mushy either. I used red pepper flakes instead of hot sauce and fire-roasted tomatoes. Loved this and got lots of compliments, will definitely make again!!!!!!