Recipe by JEDinVA
This recipe comes from "Prevention" magazine book of slow cooker recipes. It's meatless, but you can add 1/2 pound browned ground turkey for your meat lovers in the family. It's very tasty and filling!
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 (16 ounce) cans vegetarian refried beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups low-fat monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cover base and 1" up sides with 4 tortillas, overlapping as necessary.
- Spread 1 can beans, 1 can tomatoes, 1/2 of the corn, and 1/3 of the cheese on top of tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the chili powder.
- Cover with 4 more tortillas, and repeat layers, topping with 4 remaining tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and a dash of chili powder.
- Cook on "low" for 8 hours.