Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is beautiful when cut, all the layers and colors of the jello. It helps at it taste good, too. Very refreshing. For the 4th of July I have done red, white and blue, then cut it with star shaped cookie cutter. Enjoy!!! Great hit at church pot lucks!!!
- Dissolve 1 pkg of jello in l ½ cups of Boiling water- (one at a time).
- Pour into 9 X 13 pan and let gel in level frig-.
- (yes you need to make sure your frig is level).
- In saucepan, combine 2 cups milk and 1 cup sugar, bring to boil.
- (careful not to scald) when boiling starts remove from heat.
- In mean time, dissolve 2 env unflavored gelatin in ½ cup cold water,
- slowly add to milk mixture after you remove it from the heat.
- Let mixture cool then add sour cream and 2 tsp vanilla, mix well.
- Pour 1 cup milk mixture over jello layer, let chill approximately 1 hour. Then carefully add next layer of jello, let chill approximately 1 hour or until solid.
- Continue until you have 8 layers (4 jello and 4 milk mixture).
- This can be made a day or two in advance.
I have been making this salad for years! My family loves it and it is a 'must have' for Christmas. I use stawberry, lime, lemon and cherry in that order.