Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is beautiful when cut, all the layers and colors of the jello. It helps at it taste good, too. Very refreshing. For the 4th of July I have done red, white and blue, then cut it with star shaped cookie cutter. Enjoy!!! Great hit at church pot lucks!!!
- 4 (5 1/8 ounce) packages Jello gelatin (4 diff. flavors- Strawberry, Lime, Orange & Lemon)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Dissolve 1 pkg of jello in l ½ cups of Boiling water- (one at a time).
- Pour into 9 X 13 pan and let gel in level frig-.
- (yes you need to make sure your frig is level).
- In saucepan, combine 2 cups milk and 1 cup sugar, bring to boil.
- (careful not to scald) when boiling starts remove from heat.
- In mean time, dissolve 2 env unflavored gelatin in ½ cup cold water,
- slowly add to milk mixture after you remove it from the heat.
- Let mixture cool then add sour cream and 2 tsp vanilla, mix well.
- Pour 1 cup milk mixture over jello layer, let chill approximately 1 hour. Then carefully add next layer of jello, let chill approximately 1 hour or until solid.
- Continue until you have 8 layers (4 jello and 4 milk mixture).
- This can be made a day or two in advance.
I have been making this salad for years! My family loves it and it is a 'must have' for Christmas. I use stawberry, lime, lemon and cherry in that order.