Recipe by Mirj
This is quick and easy to prepare, makes for a filling supper, and is practically idiot-proof!
Top Review by Debbie in New Jersey
Mirjam This was delicious!!!! This recipe is full of "easy's"...easy to prepare...easy on the budget...and oooh so easy to eat and enjoy. Updated the recipe to 8 (knowing how much my family eats)...no good...need to update for 12 possibly 16 next time...enjoyed it that much!!! Thanks a million!!!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef evenly over bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits, then onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt, and black pepper; pour half over beef and onion layers.
- Sprinkle rice evenly over top, then corn.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce mixture, then bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 5 hours or until rice is tender.