Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is quick and easy to prepare, makes for a filling supper, and is practically idiot-proof!
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons imitation bacon bits
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Crumble ground beef evenly over bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits, then onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt, and black pepper; pour half over beef and onion layers.
- Sprinkle rice evenly over top, then corn.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce mixture, then bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW about 5 hours or until rice is tender.
Mirjam This was delicious!!!! This recipe is full of "easy's"...easy to prepare...easy on the budget...and oooh so easy to eat and enjoy. Updated the recipe to 8 (knowing how much my family eats)...no good...need to update for 12 possibly 16 next time...enjoyed it that much!!! Thanks a million!!!
Easy to make and great tasting. The whole family loved it.
This was a quick and tasty meal. Sort of Mexican style. It is very good!