Recipe by DJ Seph
Soft and fluffy buns. Never buy store bought again.
Top Review by gailanng
Hey babe...another man that can bake, heh? Would people talk if we looked at each other batting our eyes with ridiculous donkey grins on our faces? Kidding because I'm actually a leftover from the Eisenhower administration, but wise enough to know these were great!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 Pk)
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first three ingredients and let bloom in warm place for 10 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl mix together the Sugar, Salt, and Oil. When yeast is almost ready add the 2 cups warm water to sugar, salt, and oil and mix well.
- When yeast is bloomed add to large bowl as well. Add all but 1 cup AP Flour to liquid and with hands mix until it is a tacky dough with sides of bowl clean. Add some or all of remaining flour if necessary depending on the humidity that day.
- Lift dough out of bowl and spray bowl with cooking oil. Place dough back in bowl and spray dough as well. Cover with towel and proof in warm place for 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
- Punch down dough and let proof again for 1.5 hours.
- Oil hands. Shape dough into 2.5 ounce or 3 inch balls and place on parchment line cookie sheets about 1.5 inches apart. Pat ball down so it is disk shaped.
- Cover with a towel and proof again for 4 to 5 hours. Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Butter top. See my youtube video for a visual tutorial.