1/5 Photos of 8 Hour Buns
8 hrs 18 mins
DJ Seph's Note:
Soft and fluffy buns. Never buy store bought again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together first three ingredients and let bloom in warm place for 10 minutes.
- 2In large mixing bowl mix together the Sugar, Salt, and Oil. When yeast is almost ready add the 2 cups warm water to sugar, salt, and oil and mix well.
- 3When yeast is bloomed add to large bowl as well. Add all but 1 cup AP Flour to liquid and with hands mix until it is a tacky dough with sides of bowl clean. Add some or all of remaining flour if necessary depending on the humidity that day.
- 4Lift dough out of bowl and spray bowl with cooking oil. Place dough back in bowl and spray dough as well. Cover with towel and proof in warm place for 2.5 to 3.5 hours.
- 5Punch down dough and let proof again for 1.5 hours.
- 6Oil hands. Shape dough into 2.5 ounce or 3 inch balls and place on parchment line cookie sheets about 1.5 inches apart. Pat ball down so it is disk shaped.
- 7Cover with a towel and proof again for 4 to 5 hours. Bake at 350 for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Butter top. See my youtube video for a visual tutorial.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 8 Hour Buns
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g