Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very flavorful and diverse lasagna that took a bit of trial and error searching for what cheese I could use. I've made this for family and friends and all enjoyed very much, I recommend serving this with garlic bread and your favorite wine! NOTE: if not a sausage fan use beef or no meat at all
- 453.59 g ricotta cheese
- 709.77 ml mozzarella cheese (2% or skim)
- 59.14 ml provolone cheese
- 28.39 ml muenster cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml romano cheese
- 28.39 ml feta (finely crumbled)
- 56.69 g goat cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 44.37 ml dried parsley
- 1182.95 ml pasta sauce (homemade or your fav brand)
- 1 portabella mushroom (finely diced)
- 226.79 g Italian sausage (really depends on how meaty you like it)
- 453.59 g lasagna noodle (boiled)
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese (not part of cheese mixture)
- Line your dish lightly with oil (I like to use an extra virgin olive.
- Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, provolone, muenster, parmesan, romano, feta, goat cheese, eggs, pepper, and parsley well in a large mixing bowl (being careful, cheese tends to fly out at you).
- Stir your sauce ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- Lay strips of pasta across dish parallel until layer is covered.
- Paste out the cheese mixture on top of pasta evenly.
- Repeat 5 with sauce on top of cheese mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle mozzarella on top of pasta (this helps hold the pasta together.
- Lay down another layer of pasta and repeat steps 5-8 until you reach the top of your dish.
- Sprinkle a little mozzarella and parmesan on the last layer of pasta (for looks).
- Cover with aluminum foil (this prevents the top from drying out--unless you like that).
- Preheat oven to 315°F and cook for 1 hour.