1/1 Photo of 8 Cheese Meat Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
Randall H's Note:
This is a very flavorful and diverse lasagna that took a bit of trial and error searching for what cheese I could use. I've made this for family and friends and all enjoyed very much, I recommend serving this with garlic bread and your favorite wine! NOTE: if not a sausage fan use beef or no meat at all
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (2% or skim)
- 1/4 cup provolone cheese
- 1/8 cup muenster cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup romano cheese
- 1/8 cup feta (finely crumbled)
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 5 cups pasta sauce (homemade or your fav brand)
- 1/2 portabella mushroom (finely diced)
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage (really depends on how meaty you like it)
- 1 lb lasagna noodle (boiled)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (not part of cheese mixture)
- 1Line your dish lightly with oil (I like to use an extra virgin olive.
- 2Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, provolone, muenster, parmesan, romano, feta, goat cheese, eggs, pepper, and parsley well in a large mixing bowl (being careful, cheese tends to fly out at you).
- 3Stir your sauce ingredients together in mixing bowl.
- 4Lay strips of pasta across dish parallel until layer is covered.
- 5Paste out the cheese mixture on top of pasta evenly.
- 6Repeat 5 with sauce on top of cheese mixture.
- 7Lightly sprinkle mozzarella on top of pasta (this helps hold the pasta together.
- 8Lay down another layer of pasta and repeat steps 5-8 until you reach the top of your dish.
- 9Sprinkle a little mozzarella and parmesan on the last layer of pasta (for looks).
- 10Cover with aluminum foil (this prevents the top from drying out--unless you like that).
- 11Preheat oven to 315°F and cook for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 8 Cheese Meat Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.0
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 1571.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 40.4 g