A fluffier Zest to the original Corn Bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup 7-Up soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter (Do Not Add to batter!!!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (Do Not Add to batter!!!)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (Do Not Add to batter!!!)
- 1use two large bowls for mixing one for liquid ingredients and one for dry ingredients mix well after EACH ingredient is added. add in order of ingredient list. after both bowls are mixed add and stir the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until the batter is lump free.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3pour batter into a greased or coated baking pan evenly. (size of pan depends on thickness desired).
- 4Place battered pan into oven after preheat set to bake.
- 5let the cornbread bake until golden on the top make sure center is cooked using a bakers toothpick.
- 6Mix the lemon juice and lime juice with the melted butter.*optional
- 7immediatly lightly coat the top of the cornbread with the melted lemon lime butter using desired utensil. ( i find a small baste brush works best) *optional.
- 8let cool for a few minutes best if served warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7up Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.5
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 158.1 mg
- Sodium 832.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g