Recipe by RecipeNut
You'll score with this updated potato salad, which, instead of being tossed, features seven layers; with an ultra-creamy dressing that gets its fluffy texture from beaten eggs.
Top Review by rosslare
It's all about dressing, here. Excellent recipe for the dressing, but far too sweet, even after halving the sugar. Will use even less sugar next time and increase the vinegar, just a tad. Just a personal preference, I usually reduce sugar in savory recipes, anyway. Expect it to be magnific, next time.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced and halved
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, roasted, shelled and salted
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk eggs and sugar in medium saucepan. Whisk in vinegar and 2 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 4 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Pour into medium bowl; whisk in mayonnaise, mustard and salt. Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in large saucepan of simmering water over medium to medium-low heat 20 minutes or until just tender when pierced with a knife. Drain; cool. Peel; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Layer potatoes, celery, red onion, eggs, dressing, green onions and sunflower seeds in large clear bowl.