1 hr 5 mins
This sounds weird, it tastes great. My mom made this every thanksgiving and Christmas. I lost the recipe, then found something similar and added the ingredients that mom had in her salad. To me its comfort food and a walk down memory lane.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups 7-Up soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained,reserve juice
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice (reserved)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1Dissolve Jello in boiling water.
- 2Add 7-up and cool until partially set.
- 3Add crushed pineapple, saving juice for topping.
- 4Add miniature marshmallows and cottage cheese.
- 5Place mixture in a 13x9 in.
- 6pan and refrigerate.
- 7For topping: Mix sugar and corn starch.
- 8Add pineapple juice and beaten egg.
- 9Mix well and cook until thickened.
- 11Mix cool whip into cooled topping mixture, add nuts and mix well.
- 12Spread over top of jello mixture.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 7-up Salad
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 156.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g