Prep 2 hrs
Cook 24 hrs
what's not to like about this salad I use diet 7-up in this recipe I sometimes use Cool Whip, thawed in place of dream whip topping
- 6 ounces lemon gelatin
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 1⁄4 ounces Dream Whip, prepared
- Mix jello and water.let cool slightly.
- Add 7-up and let set till ropey --
- Stir sliced bananas into pineapple and let set 10 minutes.add marshmallows and combine all with 7-up mixture.
- Pour into lightly sprayed 13x9" pan.Chill 2-3 hours.
- To prepare TOPPING:.
- mix flour, sugar, egg, and juice and cook until thickened., stirring constantly.
- Add butter and cool.
- Fold in dream whipped prepared, or cool whip,.
- When salad is set.spread on topping.sprinkle with grated cheese, nuts, cherries, etc.