Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend gave me this recipe and I lost it and contacted Batty Boop at recipezaar.com she found it for me except I used 3/4 lb. of lightly salted butter softened. We went to a family reunion about 3 weeks ago and they wanted the cake served so I had to get the recipe. It was a big hit and it was gone within 30 minutes of putting it on the dessert table, WOW!
- 1 7⁄8 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract (optional) or 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract (optional)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can 7-Up soda
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add extract.
- Add alternately to flour mixture.
- Add 7 up to creamed mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes then turn the oven down to 300 degrees and bake 40 minutes.
- Note: I have used 2 3/4 sticks of butter, lightly salted and it turned out very good, very heavy and dense. I used pure almond extract or lemon extract. This is the correct recipe!
- Note: This is the correct recipe as I found the original recipe that my friend gave me yesterday stuck in an old cookbook. It is very good. Sort of melt in your mouth good!