Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- This is an old recipe that comes from a request in the local paper for.
- "Classic Recipes".
- They called the 7-Up bottling company and they did not even know about it. Someone developed this on their own and never let the company know about it. BTW 7-Up comes from the popular card game in the 1930's.
- Cream the margarine, shortening and sugar together beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Beat in the flour, then beat in the extract and 7-Up.
- Blend well.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased and floured tube pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- From The Rocky Mountain News "Food Fare" MMMMM MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.02.
First time making this..was delicious! Will add more extract next time to bring out more flavor. Added a glaze as well. Big hit with the family and friends.
It was so simple to make right to the point thanks alot my kids enjoyed it
This is the BEST pound cake ever!!! You will not be disappointed at all. I even used regular all purpose flour and it worked out just fine:) When I made the first pound cake during Christmas, it was gone in 24 hours. I made another one the next day. It is great with or without a glaze. I did make a glaze--absolutley delicious!!!
That is why this cake has 5 stars--I give it a 10:)