- 3 cups flour
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (such as 7-Up or Sprite)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan.
- Combine flour and salt in bowl and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients EXCEPT 7-up in large mixer bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping sides occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low; add dry ingredients and 7-Up. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours @ 325 or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.