Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 hrs
It's always an interesting proposition to take an item known for one use and try it in something else...This is a main dish recipe that has the added attraction of also being a crock pot recipe! You could even make the meal more interesting by serving 7-up to drink with it AND even surprise them with a 7-up cake for dessert! Now THERE'S a theme!
- 4 lbs boneless beef roast
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (diet 7-up)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves (minced or sliced)
- Place pot roast in crock pot -- Pierce top of roast with fork and sprinkle top with celery salt (optional).
- Gently pour 7-Up over the roast, then top the roast with bay leaves and garlic and set crockpot on low for 8 hours.
- Remove roast to platter, let 'settle' 5-10 minute before slicing and serving (discard any leftover liquid).
- Suggestions: Potatoes, carrots, celery and onions may also be added to the crockpot while the roast cooks.
Very easy roast recipe! I added carrots and small yellow potatoes to the crockpot and used the whole can of soda. Everyone enjoyed it! Thanks for posting
This was the very first meal that I cooked for my wife and it was a home run! I added the veggies and it was sure tasty. This was a VERY simple recipe to follow (especially for a total novice *cough* Man *cough* like myself). This will definitely be in my repertoire for years to come!
My roast was very tender and juicy. I used the optional celery salt, and a full 12-oz can of 7-Up (1 1/2 cups). I also added extra garlic and per your suggestion, added chopped onions, celery and carrots. I recommend using that celery salt and adding those extra veggies for the extra flavor. This recipe is a keeper. Thanx for posting.