Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From: Yahoo/ DougDelights
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless pork loin
- 1 (12 ounce) can 7-up or 1 (12 ounce) can Sprite or 1 (12 ounce) can ginger ale
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- In a plastic cooking bag place flour and shake it around to coat the inside of the bag.
- Place the pork loin in the bag.
- In a large bowl, combine the 7-up, red pepper, onion, garlic and soy sauce.
- Pour this over the pork loin.
- Seal the plastic bag and let marinate overnight.
- Turn the pork roast once while in the plastic bag.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the cooking bag in a large baking dish.
- Cut 6 (1-inch) slits into the top of the bag.
- Let roast for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours or until pork is done.
- Remove the pork roast from the plastic cooking bag and set aside.
- Drain the vegetables away from the liquid. Discard the vegetables.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tbsps Wonder Flour and 2 tbsps cold water. Add 2 tbsps sweet and sour sauce;combine. Add the cooking liquid from the pork. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until mixture has thickened. (I serve with sweet and sour sauce only).
- Slice the pork roast and serve with the glaze.
This was really tasty. Didn't read directions all the way so I put it in the crockpot. Didn't make any sauce for it once it was done, so I don't know if I should really be rating this. It tasted great the next day. Thanks for a great recipe!