Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I tweaked from cdkitchen.com. It originally called for lard, but I don't care for it, so I subbed half butter, half shortening. I made this for a Colonial Apple Pie, and it was delicious! The 7-Up sounds strange, but you don't taste it at all. It just makes the crust flakey.
- In a bowl, combine salt and flour.
- Cut in shortening and butter using a pastry cutter until you see pea-sized globs.
- Slowly pour in the 7-UP, and stir to combine.
- Split dough in half, form into rounds, and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in the fridge 30 minutes to an hour before using.
- Use in recipes that call for a single-crust pie.