Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This jello salad recipe is in a church cookbook, the church I grew up in Missouri. I made it with our Easter ham this year, and it was yummy! You can form it in a (small) mold, or put it in a 8 x 8 pan and cut into squares. Time prep includes 2 hours of refridgerating for it to set.
- 7 ounces 7-Up soda (or lemon-lime soda)
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 ounces lime Jell-O gelatin
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Cool Whip, brand topping
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- In pan on medium heat, melt 7-up and marshmallows together. Add Jello (no water) gradually. Take off heat and leave in pot.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and pineapple until mixed well. Add jello mixture to the bowl. Then, fold in coolwhip maonaise and chopped walnuts.
- Pour in dish or mold and refridgerate until it is solid.
Instructions could have been more thorough. End result did not look the same as the photo. Cream cheese needs to be thoroughly mixed and I don't know if the proportion of crushed pineapple is right. I will have to try this recipe again.