Recipe by Trisha W
The kids love this one as well as the adults! A friend shared this one with me while I was living in Texas. Very tasty!!
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
I've taken this Jello salad to parties twice: Once made with cherry Jello, once with orange Jello, and both times using creme soda. Instead of mashing the banana, I used very thin slices. A 9x13" glass dish is just right for this yummy recipe. Thanks!
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange-pineapple flavored gelatin or 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups water, boiling
- 1 cup small marshmallow
- 2 cups 7-Up soda
- 2 bananas, mashed
- nuts (my kids don't want) (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (keep 1 C. of liquid)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pineapple juice (from above)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces whipped topping (I use Cool Whip)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in 2 C boiling water.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Add 7-Up.
- When cool, add drained, crushed pineapple and bananas.
- Pour into dish and let set until firm in refrigerator.
- TOPPING Cook first four topping ingredients until thickened in a pan on top of stove.
- When cooled fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over set jello mixture.