Prep 4 hrs
Cook 8 mins
This is the most delicious punch. My mom used to make it for holiday gatherings. My sisters and I could never get enough of this punch and looked forward to gatherings when my mom would make it. It has a unique flavor with the cinnamon syrup. Appears as though it takes a long time to make but it is the cinnamon syrup that requires advance preparation. My mom would make the syrup up days in advance of the punch and store it in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 42 fluid ounces 7-Up soda
- ice cube
- Chill fruit juices and 7-Up.
- Simmer water, sugar and cinnamon sticks together for 10 minutes.
- Set aside for several hours to allow the mixture to develop the cinnamon spiced flavor.
- Prior to serving time, remove the cinnamon sticks from the sugar syrup.
- In a large punch bowl, combine the sugar syrup, cranberry juice, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Slowly pour in the 7-Up.
- Add ice-cubes and garnish with lime slices if desired.
Originally I said: "Fabulous! I made this for my appetizer pot-luck and *everyone* raved about it. Definately worth the fuss of the syrup. In addition, we used Sprite in stead of 7-up and it worked fine." Now as an added bonus - I froze the left over syrup and used it about a year later. Still good, perhaps even better.
This was incredibly good! I made it this weekend for my husband's graduation party and everyone loved it! I gave the recipe to a couple people. Even my husband, (who doesn't get too excited about much)said several times how much he liked it. I will definately keep this and make it many more times! It was very easy to make, I even changed how much I wanted to make and the computer made the right calculations and it was perfect! Thankyou so much for sharing this!!
Yummy punch! Made it for two different holiday get togethers. The cinnamon really adds that something special.