Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice moist pound cake for when you want something different.
Make and share this 7-UP Chocolate Chip Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup 7-Up soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and cocoa, blending thoroughly.
- Stir in 7UP.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a well greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely.
SO GOOD!!! SO GOOD!!! I just love this recipe. It was easy and had a great taste to it! I made it with margarine instead of butter, and also put it in loaf pans, and they turned out wonderfully! THANKS!!!
I made this for thanksgiving and everyone was loving it. Rich, dense, moist cake. I followed the directions exactly and will definitely make it again. Everyone asked for the recipe.
In spite of my baking this for 75 minutes, the bottom was underdone and stuck horribly to the pan. The part that did get done with good, however.