Recipe by Mysterygirl
A nice moist pound cake for when you want something different.
Top Review by ~*Miss Diggy*~
SO GOOD!!! SO GOOD!!! I just love this recipe. It was easy and had a great taste to it! I made it with margarine instead of butter, and also put it in loaf pans, and they turned out wonderfully! THANKS!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups softened butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup 7-Up soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and cocoa, blending thoroughly.
- Stir in 7UP.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into a well greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cool completely.