Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fun to make with the kids--they like to help prick the cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 10 ounces carbonated lemon-lime beverage (7-up)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix everything except 7up in large bowl beat until light and fluffy.
- Add 7 up, mix on low speed until blended.
- Put into lightly greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cover immediately with topping.
- Topping: In saucepan over medium heat beat 2 eggs with fork.
- Add sugar, flour, butter, pineapple and juice.
- Stir constantly until thick.
- Add coconut.
- Prick warm cake with fork and pour topping over.
darlene liked this
I've made this 4 times already, and it is moist, fluffy, and tastes great every time. It's very easy and fun to make. I've made it with my 3 year old son end enjoy eating it together.