Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Nice, fresh lemony taste. Very moist with a pound cake texture. The trick is to cream butter and sugar for a full 15-20 minutes, then beat one minute after adding each egg.. but be careful to NOT beat too much after adding the flour.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (room temp)
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs (room temp)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ReaLemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup lemon-lime flavored soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon-lime flavored soda
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar together for 15-20 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating 1 minute after each.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour and 7-up alternately.
- Pour into well greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake 60 -75 minutes
- For glaze: Mix powdered sugar, 2 tsp milk, 2 tsp vanilla and 2 tsp 7-up.